Call Now 800.843.8771
Let Us Help You!
If you have children and are lucky enough to spend Halloween in paradise this year, you’re in for a REAL treat—Hawaii offers plenty of family-friendly opportunities to celebrate this oh-so-spooky holiday.
Here’s a look at the Top 12 family-friendly Oahu Halloween events, courtesty of Honolulu Family Magazine (in order from soonest to latest):
1. Halloween Celebration at Salt Lake Shopping Center: Go Trick-or-Treating at participating stores, enter the Halloween Costume Contest, play games, and create make-and-take crafts. Saturday, Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Salt Lake Shopping Center, 848 Ala Lilikoi St/saltlakeshoppingcenter.com
2. Pumpkin Carving Festival: Watch an artist carve a giant pumpkin or buy a $35 family package, complete with pumpkin and carving kit, to create your own. There will also be activities and entertainment. Saturday, Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Windward Mall, 46-056 Kamehameha Highway, Kaneohe/windwardmall.com
3. Hawaii Kai Towne Center Spooktacular: Bring a canned good or a donation for The Salvation Army, and you can enjoy the event for free! This year’s pirate-themed event will be held Saturday, Oct. 24 from 5-8 p.m. Games, rides, and a costume contest round out this spooky celebration in Hawaii Kai. Hawaii Kai Towne Center, 333 Keahole St./hawaiikaitownecenter.com
4. Keiki Costume Ball: Celebrate Halloween one weekend early with a pizza dinner, an ice cream treat, a free carousel ride, a special appearance by Lani Moo, games and crafts. Kids can then trick-or-treat throughout the center. This event has limited space so registration is required. Cost is $10 for members, $16 for non-members. The event will take place Sunday, Oct. 25 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Hawaii Children’s Discovery Center, 111 Ohe Street/discoverycenterhawaii.org
5. Halloween Costume Contest-Kahala Mall: Entrants must be in Center Court by 5:30 p.m. The contest will be held Friday, Oct. 30th at 6 p.m.
Kahala Mall, 4211 Waialae Ave./kahalamallcenter.com
6. Halloween at Mililani Shopping Center: Find treats at the marked businesses and enter to win cutest, most creative or scariest costume. Enter three categories: 8 years and under, 9 to 12 years and 13 years through adult. Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5-7 p.m. Mililani Shopping Center, 95-221 Kipapa Dr. and 95-390 Kuahelani Ave./mililanishoppingcenter.com
7. Trick-or-Treating at the Hawaii Convention Center: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5-9 p.m. Hawaii Convention Center, 1801 Kalakaua Ave./www.meethawaii.com/Hawaii-Convention-Center.aspx
8. Trick-or-Treating at Kapolei Marketplace: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5-7 p.m. Kapolei Marketplace, 590 Farrington Highway/shopkapolei.com
9. Trick-or-Treating at Kahala Mall: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5:30-7 p.m. 4211 Waialae Ave./kahalamallcenter.com
10. Trick-or-Treating at Koko Marina Center: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5-7 p.m. 7192 Kalanianaole Highway/kokomarinacenter.com
11. Trick-or Treating at Windward Mall: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. 96-056 Kamehameha Highway, Kaneohe/windwardmall.com
12. Trick-or-Treating at Fangtastic Fest at Ward Centers: Saturday, Oct. 31 from 6-8 p.m. 1200 Ala Moana Boulevard/wardvillageshops.com
If you’re looking for adult fun on Halloween, Waikiki is certainly the place to be! Several hotels, including the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel, are hosting Halloween events, for mature audiences only. When you book your stay in Waikiki through Hawaii Aloha Travel, make sure you ask your travel guide about Halloween events at your hotel.
Family-friendly Halloween happenings are going on all over Oahu. So, make sure you take your little ghouls and goblins around town for tricks and treats in paradise!