Call Now 800.843.8771
Let Us Help You!
If you could live anywhere in the world (or at least rent a home there), would Hawaii be on your list? We bet it would be!
And, you’re not alone. For those who have the money to afford to live and stay anywhere in the world, like celebrities, Hawaii is often one of the first (if not the first) place they choose.
Here’s a look at 10 celebrities in Hawaii and where they live, lived, or rented:
1. Former President Barack Obama-Oahu: HGTV reports that “The President spent his annual winter vacations with his family at Paradise Point Estates in Kailua Bay Beach, the same beach he would visit as a child growing up in Oahu. A world away from Washington, DC, the 44th president and his family unwind in the secluded, heated, lagoon-style pool, complete with lava rocks and waterfalls.”
2. Emma Stone-Oahu: “While filming Aloha, Emma Stone rented this multi-million dollar villa on the base of Diamond Head that starts at $4000 a night. Natural stone and wood details are featured in this high-tech home that is fully controlled by wall-mounted iPads. And perfect for the Hollywood set, the Oahu villa includes a private movie theater.” All this, according to HGTV.
3. Oprah Winfrey-Maui: According to HGTV, “the talk show queen’s remote ranch sits at almost 4,000 feet above sea level on the side of Mount Haleakala on Maui. The self-made billionaire owns approximately 780 acres on the Hawaii island.”
4. Julia Roberts-Kauai: According to HGTV, Hollywood darling Julia Roberts recently put her beachfront estate in Hawaii on the market for nearly $30 million. The 3,792-square-foot home sits on the famed Hanalei Bay, with 200 feet of beachfront. The property, known as “The Faye Estate” for the sugar plantation manager who bought it in 1915, is one of the only original large estates on Hanalei Bay that hasn’t been subdivided.”
5. Beyonce and Jay Z-Oahu: “This Hollywood power couple kicks back in a private estate on Kailua, in the same neighborhood where former President Obama vacations. This 15,000-square-foot-plus home sits on 1.5 lush acres with a rock-lined pool, with eight bedrooms and 11 baths. All this, according to HGTV.
6. Rihanna-Oahu: “Taking a break after lots of “work, work, work” on her latest hit, the pop diva decompressed in Paul Mitchell’s estate on Oahu, which rents for $6000 a night. The Hollywood hairdresser’s super luxe estate is set on an acre of coveted oceanfront in Kailua with breathtaking views of the Mokulua Islands,” HGTV reports.
7. Neil Young-Big Island: HGTV reports, “For $20 million, the singer-songwriter sold his secluded estate that sits between two bays and right off a popular surf break and white-sand beach. The island retreat includes over 800 feet of rock-strewn oceanfront, a five-bedroom beach house, two guest cottages, two green houses, and a swimming pool with pool house.”
8. Willie Nelson: According to Pride of Maui, “Paia and the North Shore are popular with celebrities of all stripes, though – Willie Nelson owns not just a house but also owns the bar Charlie’s in Paia. He occasionally plays there without notice. He has also been spotted in the small town of Makawao in the upcountry of Maui. A bit further inland, Kris Kristofferson also treats locals to the occasional concert, and makes a home in the remote town of Hana.”
9. Steven Tyler-Maui: According to Pride of Maui, Steven Tyler is frequently seen out on the town and likes to make random appearances playing with famous musicians like Hawaii’s Willie K., and Mick Fleetwood (also a Mauiian). So, if you’re visiting Maui, keep your eyes peeled for a celebrity sighting!
10. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-Kauai: “One of the benefits of buying a custom-built home for a NBA star? Vaulted ceilings and extra-high doorways. Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s ocean-view home rests on more than 3 acres on Kauai’s famed North Shore,” according to HGTV.
No matter where you go in Hawaii, whether you’re ziplining on Kauai, taking an Oahu Circle Island Tour, or hiking to see the volcano on the Big Island, you never know what celebrities may be here and when. So, keep your eyes open for celebrities in Hawaii — they love the islands, too!