It’s going to be a busy weekend for us here at Hawaii Aloha Travel. On Sunday the premiere of Hawaii Five-0 happens in Waikiki at Sunset on the Beach. This is an annual event where the folks in Hawaii get to see the first episode of the season before anyone else in the world. We’ll be streaming all the action live starting at 11 AM on Sunday. We’ll have full coverage and show as much of the red carpet as possible from our vantage point from the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Here’s the link if you want to check it out.
Today’s shout outs!
- Shizuka Usagi – She wants to come to Hawaii!!
- Marcella Horn – She’s here in Hawai right now having a great time and wants Joey her agent to know!
- Stephanie Mills – Wants to thank our agent Ashley for all her help.
- Joe Morrissey – Loves the podcast!
- Carol Silverstein – Big Hawaiian Shout out!
Also A few local business shout outs
- The Waikoloa Grill and Bar on the Big Island – Ono food!
- The Spa at the Outrigger Waikiki Reef is offering a four dollar discount on all AVEDA products in October to support breast cancer research.
- Kimberly is shouting out a local biz Akimbo Glass Studios on Mauiathey do something really special and unique things with glass and you can even take a class when you’re here on vacation which will make for a lifetime memory. For more information call 808-667-5393 or visit them at akimbostudios.com
Off Roading on the Big Island
Many folks to travel to the Big Island want to rent a 4 Wheel Drive jeep or SUV to go off roading. The problem is that the major rental car companies don’t allow it. Today we answer question from one of our a podcast listner who asks if we know of a company that might rent off roading vehicles. We recommend a company called Aiona Car Rental in Hilo they are flexible and allow their cars to go off roading!
Must dos On Oahu
Today we were asked by one of our Facebook friends Jason Johnson where we would recommend to take a first time visitor if they only had one place to see and eat on a walk. Well, it’s very difficult to narrow down just one place but I recommend they enjoy the east side for the day. You can go to Hanauma Bay, Eternity beach, China walls, Sandy beach, and the MakaPuu tide-pools. The East side is a great way to spend the day and on my must do list. My favorite restaurants I always recommend Town restaurant in Kaimuki and also I’m telling folks about two new favorites of mine Pint & Jigger on King Street and The Whole in downtown Kakkako.