Call Now 800.843.8771
Let Us Help You!
If you’re traveling to Hawaii with a child or two (or three) or you’re just a kid-at-heart, you’ll want to make sure you stay at a hotel or resort that features a decent water slide. After all, what’s the fun of a pool without a way to swish you way into it?!
Here’s our take on the top best water slides in Hawaii, just in time for Spring Break:
1. Grand Wailea: A Waldorf Astoria Resort: My family and I spent a few days at the Grand Wailea Resort last year, and the biggest selling point for us was the enormous and fun family pool. There, you’ll find a lazy-river pool, four waterslides, a rope swing, and a water elevator at the center of a faux volcano. The biggest waterslide was under-repair when we were there, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying the maze of small and large waterslides that dot the uber-fun pool.
2. Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa: The two waterslides at Aulani are geared toward two different types of children (or grown-ups). One is long, winding, and moderately paced. However, the other is closed at the top and super fast! My risk-taker child was all about the fast slide, but my cautious kids loved the slower pace. Either way, however, you’ll have a blast swishing through the water.
3. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa: If you’ve been looking for a LONG, fun waterslide, you’ve found it! The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa features a 150-foot waterslide that’s sure to keep the keiki (children) entertained for a while! After a few runs, they’ll need a break, and they’ll find it by relaxing in the lazy river.
4. Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa: The real competition for the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa comes from, you guessed it, another Hyatt Regency. This time, you’ll find the 150-foot waterslide on Maui, where the kids will stay busy swooshing down the slide into the pool below. Mom and Dad — you should check-out this slide, too. It’s just long enough to give you a good ride and make you feel like a kid again!
5. Hilton Waikoloa Village: The Hilton Hawaiian Village boasts three large pool areas, the Kona Pool, the Kohala Pool, and the Ocean Tower Pool. The Kona Pool is the largest pool, featuring a 175-foot waterslide, waterfall, Kona Pool Bar and Orchid Marketplace. The Kohala Pool is perfect for families with four interconnected pools with waterslides, cabana rentals and a Pool Bar serving refreshments. The Ocean Tower pool is for adults only and doesn’t feature any waterslides, bur we’ll mention it because you may need a break from all that waterslide fun!
Finding the right waterslide for your family can be just as important as finding the right room! So, use our list of the top 5 waterslides in Hawaii when you book your upcoming Hawaii vacation — and swish away!