Just when you thought a Hawaiian vacation wasn’t luxurious ENOUGH… you won’t BELIEVE the new Premium Cabin on Hawaiian Airlines.
Hawaiian Airlines began sales of its new Premium Cabin Thursday, offering fully lie-flat seating for travel starting in December 2016 between Honolulu and Narita, Japan; Sydney and Brisbane, Australia; and Auckland, New Zealand. However, the only flights that will feature the Premium Cabin is the Airbus A330.
“We are thrilled to introduce our international guests to our lie-flat seats — the centerpiece of a Premium Cabin thoughtfully crafted to bring onboard all of the sights, sounds and tastes of Hawaii,” Avi Mannis, Hawaiian’s senior vice president for marketing, told Big Island Now. “We look forward to bringing this distinctive experience to additional markets in the coming year.”
Here’s what you can expect in the Premium Cabin when flying to Hawaii?
- 18 lie-flat leather seats that fold into 180-degree beds that ar 20.5 inches wide and 76 inches long. Aligned in a 2-2-2 configuration, the seats are ideally tailored to leisure guests such as couples, families and honeymooners while offering superior functionality to the business traveler.
- A new line of complimentary amenity kits, a cotton quilt and a lounging pillow all adorned in an Auliilani lehua flower pattern. Guests in the Premium Cabin receive a selection of products, including a hand and body balm, lip balm and hydrating mist, dental kit, a bamboo comb, and socks. An eye mask, plush mattress pad and pillow are also provided. Hawaiian partnered with renowned local designer Sig Zane to create the amenity kits, cotton quilt, and lounging pillow. “Auliilani, the lehua blossom, is the allure of the forests,” Zane told Big Island Now about the design. “Poetically, a lover and a good friend, we embrace each lehua with fondness and aloha.”
- World-class cuisine presented on custom-crafted dinnerware, linens and trays, and showcasing delicious regional food by Hawaii’s top local chefs. Hawaiian’s Executive Chef Chai Chaowasaree is in charge of the menu.
- A premier cocktail and full beverage bar service that will offer specialty drinks such as the signature Mai Tai, wines selected by Hawaiian’s Master Sommelier Chuck Furuya, local craft beer and Hawaii-made spirits.
- Intuitive seat controls and access to multiple power ports, including two USB connections and one A/C outlet. An advanced in-flight entertainment system with over 100 hours of movies and TV is powered by a 13-inch wide-screen tablet resting on an adjustable telescoping arm for optimal viewing angle and comfort.
The Premium Cabin is available for travel starting Dec. 5 between Honolulu and Narita, Brisbane and Auckland, and as of Dec. 13 for flights between Honolulu and Sydney.
Although this is the Premium Cabin’s debut, you can already find lie-flat seats if you travel to/from North America to Hawaii. The Premium Cabin will arrive in additional markets as the company retrofits its fleet of 23 wide-body A330 aircraft through 2017, according to Big Island Now.
So, now that you can fly to Hawaii in luxury, why not book your equally-luxurious Hawaii vacation package through Hawaii Aloha Travel? We take care of all the details, so all you need to do is show up! Choose from Hawaii Wedding Packages or a Honeymoon Package, and enjoy yourself while someone else takes care of everything else.
What are you waiting for? If you’re already splurging for a vacation in paradise, take it one step further and enjoy luxury when flying to Hawaii!