Call Now 800.843.8771
Let Us Help You!
Sure, Oktoberfest is a few months away, but there’s no reason to wait if you love good beer! We have some amazing places to find great beer in Hawaii, and that isn’t surprising since people here are either on vacation or on permanent vacation!
Here’s a list of our top 5 places where you can knock-down a great beer in Hawaii:
1. Maui Brewing Company: The Maui Brewing Company was started in 2005, with a quest to brew handcrafted ales and lagers using the finest ingredients. The brewpub sources as many local products as possible to ensure the freshness; even the ketchup and mustard is house made! The Bikini Blonde, Big Swell IPA, Mana Wheat, and Coconut Porter beers all made it into the “top 10 beers made in Hawaii” list on the website prideofmaui.com.
2. Honolulu Beerworks: Located in Kakaako, Honolulu beerworks a craft brewery that’s all about ambiance. The recycled wooden wall, benches, and cabinets provide the perfect environment in which you can let loose and drink a few of our local brews. The venue has community-style seating, so you may find yourself seated next to a stranger, but it all goes hand-in-hand with the microbrewery’s boisterous spirit. Beers include the Sheltered Bay IPA and the South Shore Stout.
3. Kona Brewing Company: The Kona Brewing Company has two locations state-wide: one in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island and one at Koko Marina in Hawaii Kai on Oahu. Bet you can guess which one came first! Kona Brewing Company is known for great hand spun pizzas, local organic salads and fresh beers on draft that you can’t find anywhere else. After an early Kona dinner cruise, kick-back and relax with a Big Wave Golden Ale or a Fire Rock Pale Ale while you chill by the water. The company’s Hula Hefeweisen also made it into the “top 10 beers made in Hawaii” on the website prideofmaui.com.
4. REAL A Gastropub: REAL A Gastropub calls itself a REAL gastropub for a reason: the owners say they’ve traveled far and wide to create the real essenceand characteristics of a true gastropub. REAL a gastropub’s website claims the venue is Hawaii’s first beer-centric pub dedicated to providing the largest and finest selection of high quality craft beers sourced from all corners of the world and the Hawaiian Islands featuring 33 constantly rotating taps, 2 beer engines, over 250 bottles and a full cocktail bar — not to mention a tapas-style menu. There are too many beers to list here, but we thought the Alpine Duet and Erdinger Hefe Weizen sounded good!
5. Home of the Brave Brewseum: This brewery + museum has a pretty interesting history: The Tomlinson Family started Home of the Brave Brewing Company to serve America’s troops and patriotic Americans. So, it’s no surprise that the venue is a USO-type place to hang out and have a beer. While you drink, check out the family’s war memorabilia and salute those who so bravely fought and continue to fight for our country. Check-out the Pilot Pale Ale or the 442 Go for Broke while you’re there. According to the company’s website, Home of the Brave Brewseum is now ranked the #1 brewpub in Honolulu.
If you’re looking for great beer in Hawaii, you don’t have to look far — just find any of these breweries/pubs, sit back, and enjoy a cold one in paradise!