When people ask me, “What’s your favorite island in Hawaii?” they’re always a little surprised at how quickly I can answer. And, they’re even MORE surprised by the answer itself: Lanai.
Yep, since the moment I first set foot upon this small, somewhat secluded, magical island, I was hooked. And, now that the island’s two main resorts are re-opening after several months of renovations, I imagine I won’t be able to resist returning once again — and again — and again.
This week, the Four Seasons announced the grand opening of the Four Seasons Resort Lanai, which includes both the beachside resort of Manele Bay and the mountaintop resort at Koele, both of which have been closed to the public since June 1, 2015.
So, what can you expect from this new Hawaii resort? The company touts a “new vision of a Hawaiian luxury resort,” and here’s a look at what that might mean for you:
New/Updated Resort Features :
- 217 guestrooms including 51 suites, lobbies and seating areas for contemplation
- Multiple dining experiences such as the signature ONE FORTY, NOBU LANAI, VIEWS at Manele Golf and Sports Bar
- An immersive spa and wellness program
- Luxury retail boutiques featuring Missoni, Jimmy Choo and the Lanai Collection combined
- The 18-hole ocean-view Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course — contact Hawaii Aloha Travel and ask about discounts for golfers.
- Newly refurbished Conference Center
New Pool Experiences:
- A lagoon-style, free-form central pool features a cascading waterfall and two spas
- Adults-only retreat
New Interiors/Guest Amenities:
- The interiors showcase walls of teak and zebra wood edging artisan-produced Nepalese Lokta paper and floors of mahogany laid with wool hand-woven area rugs
- Fully integrated and intuitive lighting, temperature, service, and privacy controls offer a highly responsive in-room technology experience featuring a 75 inch, platinum bezel LED television panel along with wearable key wristbands to allow maximum flexibility during activities on island, in-room iPad Airs and more
“We are delighted to share a unique destination experience with rich culture, diverse landscapes and limitless options for relaxation and adventure here on Lanai,” said Tom Roelens, General Manager, Four Seasons Resorts Lanai. “As a first, we offer guests the opportunity to experience Lanai by Four Seasons through a number of activities curated by the Resort, in true Four Seasons style.”
As part of the celebration, the newly-renovated Hawaii resort is offering a Stay Longer — Fourth Night Free promotion, to entice guests to try out the new renovations. But, your best bet is to contact your travel professional at Hawaii Aloha Travel, in order to maximize any available discounts at the property.
The Four Seasons is committed to taking luxury to a whole new level at the Four Seasons Resort Lanai, and it’s clear from the lengthy and expensive renovations they intend to cater to a customer base that’s used to living large. So, you can be sure the resort plans to deliver an amazing and exclusive experience for those who have the means to afford it!