The Top 7 Cheapest Hotels in Hawaii
Real Value at Seven of Hawaii’s Cheapest Hotels
Despite rising room rates, there remain some hotels in Hawaii that have been able to keep prices low, while still providing excellent quality and service. And because not every visitor can afford the extravagance of places like the Four Seasons, for those on a modest budget, here is a list of seven of the cheapest hotels in Hawaii that deliver value without sacrificing quality or service.
- Castle Waimea Country Lodge (Big Island) $85
- Nestled among the rolling pastures at an altitude of 2500’ is the Waimea Country Lodge, a Castle Resorts property at the base of Mauna Kea. The 21 rooms of the lodge offer lush mountain views, and feature amenities common even at more expensive hotels and resorts: high speed internet, complimentary coffee, kitchenette units, and digital cable.Hapuna Beach a short 15-minute drive down the mountain, and is rated among the world’s most beautiful beaches by Conde Nast. Also near the lodge is Parker Ranch and its Visitor Center. Parker Ranch is one of the largest and oldest cattle ranches in the United States. The lodge’s location also provides relatively easy access to the Mauna Kea Observatory Visitor Center. Waimea is a charming ranch town, and while the luxury amenities and water and golf features at places like Hualalai and Waikoloa are absent, Waimea Country Lodge delivers excellent value and gorgeous views.
- Aston Aloha Beach Resort (Kauai) $85
- With 216 rooms and situated along the scenic Wailua River in Kapaa on Kauai’s east side, The Aston Aloha Beach Resort offers a variety of amenities and services not commonly associated with a “cheap hotel.” With a swimming pool and fitness center, on-site restaurants, an oceanfront wedding gazebo, and a location with easy access to Lihue Airport, Wailua River tours, and all of Kauai’s most popular attractions, this resort offers value at a price not found at Kauai’s more well-known locations like Poipu and Princeville.http://www.astonalohabeachhotel.com/our-resort/
- Aqua Polynesian Plaza (Oahu) $93
- Located in the heart of Waikiki just a block from Waikiki Beach, the Aqua Polynesian Plaza is one of the best hotel deals to be found on Oahu. In addition to being pet-friendly (for a small fee), the Polynesian Plaza offers high-speed Wifi internet access, private balconies, studio and one-bedroom air conditioned units, and a secluded swimming pool.This a great hotel for families visiting Hawaii on a budget. The central location with easy access to bus lines and all of the shopping, dining, and beach access that Waikiki is famous for the world over make the Aqua Polynesian Plaza a sensible choice among the more well-known properties in Waikiki.
- Pagoda Hotel (Oahu) $99
- Situated just outside of Waikiki just steps from the shopping and dining mecca of Ala Moana Center, the Pagoda Hotel is a favorite of residents and visitors alike for its location and value. The hotel’s restaurant is home to one of the most famous and prodigious dinner buffets on Oahu. The Pagoda offers high-speed internet access, a pet friendly policy, laundry service, and a sun deck and swimming pool. The hotel’s famous koi pond features public feedings three times daily, an activity well known for its frenetic, churning water full of brilliantly colored, thrashing koi.http://www.pagodahotel.com/
- Kauai Inn (Kauai) $100
- The Kauai Inn, in Nawilwili Bay, claims to have over 100 years of history, and to be the first hotel on Kauai. It offers six room types, and easy access to a myriad of activities, including scuda diving, snorkeling, surfing, sailing, shopping, hiking, and golf.The Kauai Inn is a family-owned business, with a proud tradition of providing quality hospitality at affordable rates. Having barely survived devastating Hurricane Iniki of 1992, the property was rebuilt and now proudly boasts of days in the 1960s when famous Hollywood actors like John Wayne, Lee Marvin and the cast of Donovan’s Reef stayed at the hotel.
- Ohana Waikiki West (Oahu) $101
- The Ohana Waikiki West is located in the heart of Waikiki, among the hundreds of retail and dining establishments that make this part of Hawaii one of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations in the world.All rooms are air-conditioned, and the hotel offers a pharmacy and photo shop, an expansive sun deck and swimming pool, and on-site dining and cocktails. Just two blocks from Waikiki Beach, the Ohana Waikiki West also offers free internet access and complimentary rides on the Waikiki Trolley’s Pink Line to destinations throughout Waikiki.
- Kona Bay Hotel (Big Island) $106
- Customer reviews of “Uncle Billy’s” Kona Bay Hotel all point to its convenient location and affordable rates as its desirable qualities. Near Kona’s retail and dining district. Known for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the Kona Bay Hotel shows signs of age, but the rooms are clean and well-appointed. It offers free parking and air-conditioned rooms, although some costumers have complained that the A/C is noisy at night. However, with all of the marine activities that Kona has to offer, scuba diving tours, snorkeling, world class sport fishing, kayaking, and surfing, most guests will likely be too tuckered out to notice.http://www.unclebilly.com/UB_Kona.html