If you plan to ring in the new year from our Hawaiian shores, then there are plenty of ways to celebrate in island fashion!
Each island does it differently, but you can be sure that no matter where you are, the night will end with a BANG – literally! Every new year, fantastic fireworks displays light up our Hawaiian skies. Many watch from on the beach or from their hotel rooms.
Here’s an island-by-island breakdown of where to go for new years festivities:
• Kakaako Waterfront Park, 102 Ohe Street, Honolulu, HI 96813 • Dec. 31 at 6pm • Live music, carnival rides, food trucks and fireworks • $30 tickets • www.nyehawaii.com
• 92-1480 Aliinui Dr, Honolulu, HI 96707 • Fireworks Spectacular at midnight over oceanfront lagoons (Free) •8 808-671-2512
• Moana Surfrider, 2365 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815 • Dec. 31 from 8pm-1am • $75 (adults), $35 (kids) • www.moana-surfrider.com
• Launched at midnight from a barge near Grand Wailea hotel and The Four Seasons (Free)
• Pacific Whale Foundation offers cruises with departures from Maalaea and Lahaina harbors • $79.95 (adults), save 10 % if you book online • www.pacific-whale.org/cruises
• Alii Nui offers a dinner buffet cruise with complimentary transportation to and from West and South Maui resorts • $249 tickets if booked online • www.aliinuimaui.com/New-Years
• Poipu Beach Park, Hoone Rd, Koloa, HI 96756 • Food, music, fireworks, games for kids (Free)