Armed Forces Day honors those who serve or have served our country. In Hawaii, however, it’s been extended to include the entire month of May. That means extra time to show our appreciation and extra bonus discounts.
If you’re visiting the islands during Hawaii Military Appreciation Month, be sure to check out some of these special perks.
Polynesian Cultural Center
• Entire month of May • 55-370 Kamehameha Hwy. • Special rates on general admission ($15) and the Alii Luau ($59), which includes all-day admission, dinner and show • www.polynesia.com
Waikele Premium Outlets
• Entire month of May • 400 Farrington Hwy. • Present your military ID at the Information Center for additional discounts • www.premiumoutlets.com
Sea Life Park
• Until May 15 • More than half off normal admission rates, $12 adults, $10 kids • 41-202 Kalanianaole Hwy. • www.sealifeparkhawaii.com
• May 19 • A day of free entry to the zoo; one cardholder per family. Free shuttles from each base • 151 Kapahulu Ave. • www.honoluluzoo.org
• May 19 • Free national park annual pass from any federal recreation site • www.nps.gov